Upgrade Your TomTom ONE Software! – New Operating System on TomTom One XL!

|

Upgrade Your TomTom ONE Software! – New Operating System on TomTom One XL!: "

TomTomONEXLHelpMe.jpg




So I plugged in my TomTom ONE XL (that I bought for a Review a while ago) into my newly upgraded TomTom HOME, and it downloaded some software for the TomTom ONE XL, that has the new TomTom Operating system on it.

I now have Help ME!, and a new looking Route Overview that is similar to the TomTom ONE GO 720 interface. I also have the TomTom MapShare capabilities on the TomTom ONE XL! Big news. So my TomTom ONE XL software is now version 7.120.

I already had TomTom HOME installed on my computer, and a pop-up asked me to upgrade, which I have been putting off for a couple of weeks. Anyway, I finally did the TomTom HOME upgrade and somehow (I wasn’t really paying attention), my old model TomTom ONE XL now has the newest operating system on it. Great!

Finally, this also includes putting the Status Bar on the side of the screen which once you are used to it, I think it's an excellent layout.

Not sure if this will apply to the standard screen TomTom ONE which is selling at a $50 discount to the new TomTom ONE 3rd edition, but if you can upgrade a TomTom ONE to include MapShare and HelpMe!, it starts to make sense to buy the older version of the TomTom ONE and upgrade the software instead of buying the newer TomTom ONE 3rd edition; that is if you don’t want the TMC capability that is also available only on the newest version of the TomTom ONE.

Can anyone upgrade their TomTom ONE (standard screen) the same way?


TomTomONEXLHelpMeDetail.jpg TomTom ONE XL Screenshot with HelpMe Detail Screen.



TomTomONEXLMapShare.jpgTomTom ONE XL Screenshot with MapShare Icon




(Via GPS Lodge.)

0 comentários: